4 Ways to Drive More Traffic To Your Website: So let’s say you’re excited to start a business or blog and you spend endless hours, days and nights perfecting it…but get no traffic.
Then, it seems like everyone and their mother on the internet keeps telling you to buy their tracking system, purchase their platform for guaranteed traffic, or the endless ads where people claim to help you out. If any of that resonated with you, then you were a lot like me eight months ago.
You know, back in the day, people would scam you to your face, but with modern technology, we now face a plethora of misinformation with the click of a button. People have gotten pretty crafty at extracting money from you in exchange to “help you out” the wrong way.
(If you subscribe to my blog I will be posting a few platforms that have actually helped me along my way)
Marketing is the art and science of selling products and services. Even if you have created the greatest product, you’d have a hard time selling it without any marketing. Just think of the brands like Nike, Starbucks, Apple, and Levi’s. Likely, the first thing that comes to mind when you think of those brands is their logo, right?
So, let’s break down a few helpful tips that got me more traffic for FREE.
1. Email Marketing
Now, I’m sure you’ve gone to a website where they’ve asked you for your email address to receive a discount, more information, or a free Ebook. Email marketing has been around for ages, and for a good reason! It’s the most direct and effective way to connect with leads, turn them into customers, and keep them updated with future posts/ products.
What is Email Marketing?
Back in the day marketers created campaigns based on results and insights from the television, radio, billboard and magazine ads. Which is referred to as traditional marketing.
However, with the switch to digital channels, Email Marketing is a highly effective strategy for them to go where their audience is.
- 1. Build a Targeted Email List.
- – Know your goal, and keep a consistent schedule. Email your subscribers 3 times a week. (it does not need to be super long or an updated blog each time).
- – Have a Lead Magnet. Give your subscribers weekly newsletters, free gifts, relevant information.
- 4. Transactional Emails: Subscriber signup confirmation, welcome messages, purchase messages, etc.
- For more Email Marketing Stats/Tips, [Click the Link]
Build a Targeted Email List
What most people do when they want to build an email list is they slip a form onto their website and hope people sign up. Sadly, this doesn’t usually work.
To grow your email list, you will need to attract people with a convincing offer to lead their interests.
What is a Lead Magnet?
A lead magnet gives away information, discounts, or resources in exchange for an email address. Now, this does not have to cost you anything to make; most lead magnets are digital copies like PDF’s, audio files, or videos that you can create and have automatically send them an email as soon as you receive it. (Such as the one I provided for you above)
- Cheat Sheet of Resources
- A Super Short Course/ Webinar
- Free Trials or Samples
- A Coupon Code
[Read: Email Marketing Made Simple: A Step by Step Guide]
2. Pinterest Marketing
Are you using Pinterest for your business? If not, then I hope that’s the first thing you do after reading this blog. Pinterest offers businesses a unique platform; it’s a place to connect with friends and influencers while also expanding your reach to millions of people that scroll through the app each day.
Pinners come to the platform for inspiration. Whether their planning a wedding, vacation, date night, or in need of some fashion inspiration. Pinterest makes it easier to find.
Not to mention that Pinterest is also now the third-largest social network in the U.S.
- It is a massive platform for sharing.
- It’s inspiring. One of the most common reasons users come to the platform is for the inspiration. When you choose to get inspired by something don’t you almost always turn to the internet to look for examples or tips to help you?
- It’s informative. The Pinterest Analytics allows you to get to know your audience better.
3. TikTok Marketing
Alright, I get it…TikTok just doesn’t seem like something you’d see yourself doing. Trust me, I said the same thing. But there are 800 million monthly active users and an average daily use of 50 minutes.
SO…TikTok is officially the hottest new platform out RIGHT NOW.
The platform is based on videos that max out at 60 seconds, and people interact with videos by scrolling through their feeds. People can “like,” Comment on, or share the videos they like with other users.
The demographics range from all ages (celebrities, influencers, publishers, and household businesses in the mix). I would also like to add that more people are spending time at home (on their phone, computer, or tablet), letting TikTok be the best place to catch their attention to lead them to your website, youtube channel, etc.
How to Generate More Views/ Followers
- Post 3-5 videos daily. When you post regularly, the TikTok algorithm will push your videos to more accounts that enjoy the same niche and the more content you produce, the higher your chances are for people to see your stuff.
- Interact with your audience. Respond/like the comments, and show your audience that you are genuine, not just looking to get followers or likes.
- Use relevant HashTags for your niche or topic.
- Be resourceful. If you’re promoting something, try to give them an incentive to want to follow you or purchase what you’re selling. Ex: give free information, teach them something new, tell them your story, etc.
I’ve gained my followers, and viewers from 0 to 1,600 in 6 days! Follow my account for tips and advice.
[Follow My TikTok Account]
4. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
I’m sure you have seen or heard of this along your journey. But in case you haven’t, SEO is the practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your site through organic search results.
You’re probably wondering…how does this person even know what they’re talking about? Can I even trust their information?
I would argue that you absolutely can!
Now, this is nothing too fancy. I’m showing you this because you can also do this, like me…FOR FREE. Just go to Coursera.com and sign up for their online SEO course. It walks you through the basics, and even shows you real examples to help you step by step.
What goes into SEO?
- Quality of traffic. You can gain the right viewers to your site because for example let’s say Google tells them you’re a resource for Windows computers when really you own a window cleaning company. That wouldn’t be quality traffic.
- Quantity of traffic. Once you have people coming to your website from the right search engine results, more traffic is better.
- Organic results. This would be any traffic that you don’t have to pay for.
Last piece of advice would be to create your website using Bluehost and WordPress when creating a professional website. I highly recommend Bluehost because it’s cheap, user friendly and the customer support is available, every step of the way!
[Sign Up for Bluehost for only $3.95/month]
Disclaimer: I am a professional reviewer who receives compensation from companies who products I review. I test each product thoroughly and give high marks only to the ones that are the very best.